The Riding Academy- Est. 1993
Our Riding Academy was established in 1993. It is the oldest, largest and one of the most respected English riding academies and horsemanship centers in Southern California. We teach children through adults with professional Instructors on Show Quality School Horses. Most of the school ponies and horses are currently on the show circuit. Lessons are on proper size and safe ponies and horses. The riding academy has taught thousands of Riders who have gone on to become great amateurs and many with professional careers. Begin your or your child’s riding career in our academy with one of our specially trained instructors. Expect a thorough and complete introduction to build on over the years. As the student progresses, he/she will move up to the Training Center where advanced techniques and continued riding instruction will occur.
Hunter /Jumper Training Center
Our Training Center focuses on the advanced rider who wants to show and take their riding to their highest level. Private lessons and clinics are available. Bring your own horse to stable for additional training or Mark will work with you to find the right horse for your needs. Mark accepts new riders after an evaluative lesson and meeting with him. At various time, the barn also offers a variety of hunters, jumpers and equitation horses for sale and lease.
How To Get Started?
The way our riding academy works is very simple. We invite those that are interested in riding with CEC to participate in an introductory and evaluative lesson. The cost is $90 ($100.00 for Mark Conley) and the lesson lasts for approximately 1.5 hours. This lesson will start with completing the necessary forms and then an orientation of our stable. Then beginners will learn how to lead a horse or pony to the cross ties where we will teach them how to groom and tack up (prepare) their mount before riding. Once the mount is prepared all students will then have private lesson in which we go over the fundamentals for beginners or evaluate and discuss our program with experienced riders.
Students are able to borrow all equipment, including a helmet, for the first lesson. Appropriate attire for the beginner is jeans or other long pants and sturdy shoes. All those who wish to spend time in the cross ties with the Rider, should also be wearing sturdy shoes for safety. After the introductory lesson, we are able to discuss a riding program for the student to progress.
**Short Term or Visiting From Out of Town? Intro/Lessons with Mark Conley $110. Instructors $100. Bringing your horse? Want to train and show “A” or County Circuit for the summer? Call 858-259-1148 to discuss and make reservations.
A. Buckaroo Ride Program – This program is for children ages 1-6 years old, who are old enough for the twice a week riding lesson program. Riders must wear long pants and closed shoes. Helmets provided.
- Program 1: 1 Pony Ride -$45 – allows child to see if he/she likes riding experience.
- Program 2: 1 x/wk or (4 rides per month) -$160 – horsemanship, grooming and 20-25 minute “on Pony” walking experience. Billed monthly. Makeups in same month.
Lessons (Prices as of 1/1/2017)– For ages 6 through Adult. Our lessons are taught by professional instructors on safe and experienced ponies and horses. We are careful to match the rider with the appropriate mount. Riders are taught how to groom and care for their mount before and after their lessons.** Our rates include the use of a school horse/pony, tack and grooming equipment. Additionally, the rider may borrow a helmet for their first lesson.
- Introductory/Evaluative/First Lesson with Head Trainer Mark Conley – $100– These are for approved Advanced Riders only and are booked through the office. Lessons with Mark Conley- $100 each (all packages)
- Introductory/Evaluative/First Lesson – $90 (Assistant Trainer Ashley Hill & Beginner Instructors)– These are booked through the office. There is a 24 hour cancellation policy on all lessons.
Beginner Hunter/Jumper Program– includes 30 min grooming/tacking, 30 min riding, 30 min untacking/grooming= 1.5 Hours
- Beginner Program 1– Two 1.5 hour private lessons a week – 2x/wk or (8 lessons per month) -$768 (includes assisted tack ups)
- Beginner Program 2-Three 1.5 hour private lessons a week – 3x/wk or (12 lessons per month)-$1152 (includes assisted tack ups)
Experienced Hunter/Jumper Riders– Rider is responsible for own horse care (tacking and untacking available for $15 each, 24 hours notice required or additional fees apply)
- Program 1– 1/2 hour or 1 hour group lesson 2x/week or $648/month
- Program 2– 1/2 hour or 1 hour group lesson 3x/week or $972/month
- Program 3– 1/2 hour or 1 hour group lesson 3-5x/week Horse/Pony
- LEASING OR OWNERSHIP –Custom Package Contact Mark Conley 619-246-1148
NOTE: School horses only allowed to jump up to 2′. Please contact CEC for lease/sale program to show and advance riding.
There are no refunds. Lessons are non-transferable. There are no family discounts. 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
- Boarding and Training (concordequestriancenterdotcom.wordpress.com)